Gas explodes in Obasanjo Presidential Library, two persons feared dead

0
105

There was an explosion at the Olúségun Obasanjo Presidential Library in Abeokuta, Ogun State, on Thursday, leaving two persons feared dead.

The explosion occurred around 11:00am at the event centre within the Presidential Library.

It was gathered that a routine cleaning was being done while one of the gas cylinders in the event centre exploded.

An eyewitness revealed that some bodies were evacuated by a rescue team that arrived at the scene shortly after the incident.

The latest incident brings to four the number of explosions recorded in Ogun State in the last one week.

On Tuesday, the Conference Hotel in Abeokuta owned by a former governor, Gbenga Daniel, was hit by explosion, leaving two persons dead and three others injured.

Last Wednesday, three persons, including an infant were burnt to death in a gas explosion that occurred in Oke-Egunyan, along NTA Road in Abeokuta when a technician was topping up the gas of a faulty refrigerator.

Barely 24 hours after the incident, another gas explosion occurred on Mercy Road, Panseke, Abeokuta, where a technician, Sanya Shonde, was injured, forcing his leg to be amputated.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here