Igboho’s aide insists Lagos July 3 rally will hold as planned

0
77

By Wisdom Deji-Folutile

Olayomi Koiki, media aide to Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday “Igboho” Adeyemo, has insisted that the Lagos nega rally slated for July 3 will hold as planned.

This comes after Igboho himself said that the rally had been postponed following a raid by Department of State Services officials on his residence.

On Friday, Koiki posted an update stating that the rally would go ahead as planned.

He called on Yoruba people to partake in the rally and support the agitation for self-determination.

READ ALSO: Ramos agrees two-year deal with PSG

He wrote on Facebook, “Count down tomorrow rally goes ahead as planned, 3rd July 2021. Venue: Ojota. Time: 7am. Come out in numbers to support the freedom of Yoruba self determination. The 1999 constitution is a fraud, 1914 amalgamation has expired. ENDNIGERIA now,
Yoruba Nation, no going back. Let’s save our future generations from Nigeria.”

Yoruba Nation agitators had planned a rally in Lagos after holding same in other South-West states.

Despite warnings, security threats and advice against the rally, Igboho had insisted that the rally would hold and had called on the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, to mobilise officers for the event and ensure the protection of the agitators.

However, following the attack on his house in Ibadan, Igboho, who spoke with BBC Pidgin on Thursday, stated that the rally in Lagos had been suspended.

DSS confirmed on Thursday evening that it was responsible for invading Igboho’s house and killing two people.

According to Peter Afunanya, DSS spokesperson, the security agency had raided the activist’s home after being tipped that he was planning to cause unrest at the rally slated for Saturday.
Afunanya said that the DSS recovered illegal arms including seven AK-47 rifles and thousands of ammunition from Igboho’s house.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here