Mrs Nonye Soludo is the next First Lady of Anambra State following her husband Prof Charles Soludo’s victory at the governorship election held in the state on 6 November.
Charles, a former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), was declared winner after garnering 112,229 votes at the poll, which doubles the votes of his closest challenger, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate Mr Valentine Ozigbo, who polled 53,807 votes.
Here are some fast facts about the incoming first lady:
• She hails from lsuofia, Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State, same with her husband.
• She is 51 years old.
• Nonye studied Computer Science at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka between 1991 and 1995.
• She later proceeded to do Masters of Science in Accounting and Finance from the University of Westminster, United Kingdom in 2006.
• She is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Healthy Living Foods, the parent company of Royal Foods, based in the UK. She has run the company for over five years.
• For over five years, she has also been the Managing Director of London-based real estate company, Charles Frances Properties.
• Nonye speaks English, Igbo, and French.
• Her marriage with Charles Soludo is blessed with six children – 2 girls and 4 boys.
• Nonye is passionate about healthy living and has often been seen cycling.
Sources: LinkedIn, BBC Pidgin